We receive various questions in regard to placing orders. We have compiled the frequently asked questions for you.
- Q1Why there are price differences of Bento?
The price decides the size. The higher the price is, the more dishes and bigger volumes you get. Please choose according to the occasion you need.
- Q2What is the difference between “Orizume bento” and “Hangetsu” / “Shokado”?
There are two major differences : “whether you need to return the bento box” and “whether it comes with a soup bowl”.
you don’t need to return the box, and it does not include a soup bowl
Hangetsu Bento / Shokado
you need to return the box to us, and both come with a soup bowl
- Q3From how many bento do you take an order?
Bentos can be ordered from one.
- Q4Can I purchase bento at your shop without order in advance?
Strictly advanced order only.
- Q5How many days in advance can I cancel?
We accept cancellation until the day before the desired day. Cancellation on the same day of delivery is not accepted, no matter you contact us or not.
- Q6Is it possible to order and pick up outside of the main store?
In addition to the main store, you can order and pick up bentos at JR Kyoto Isetan and Takashimaya Kyoto store . However, in both department stores, only Hana (5,500 yen including tax) is offered, and orders must be made in advance.
Please contact each store for orders.
JR Kyoto Isetan
Takashimaya Kyoto Store
Bento section, gourmet floor
0120-161-177 (Order 4 days in advance)
- Q7From what time can I pick up?
Usually after 11:30. For earlier pick-up, please contact us.
- Q8Do you deliver to Minamiza Theatre?
We offer delivery to Minamiza Theatre during the intermission only. Please let us know by phone should you wish to use this service. Only the 1-tired bentos (Ume,Tsuki,Hana,Matsu) are offered.
- Q9Can you deliver to outside of Kyoto?
Depending on the season and the order number of bento, delivery to neighboring cities using an external shipping company may be available. For more information please contact us.
- Q10Is there an eat-in area at your store?
We do not have an eat-in area.
- Q11Can I order banquet?
At the moment, we only offer banquets to teahouses in Gion. For home, please order Orizume bento, Hangetsu and Shokado bentos instead.
- Q12Do you make Osechi, the New Year’s cuisine?
Sorry, we do not accept orders of Osechi from new customers.
- Q13What kind of payment method do you accept?
We only accept cash. Please note that we do not currently make payments using credit cards or other cashless methods.
- Q14Are you recruiting?
We occasionally recruit chefs, assistants, and washing and cleaning staffs. Please contact us on phone for details.
- Q15Do you accept interviews?
If you would like to cover us in media, please contact us on telephone.